It’s my favorite time of year! Prom was really a turning point in my career, and I get so excited, not to mention warm and fuzzy every time it comes around! Shear Hotness Makeup and Hair is offering our amazing services at a discounted rate for our students, so book now with the best in the licensed artists in Ohio!
Traditional Makeup (lashes included): $45
Airbrush Makeup (lashes included): $55
Hairstyling: Starting at $50
Traditional and Hair: $90 (SAVE $5!)
Airbrush makeup and hair- $100 (SAVE $5!)
All In (makeup, hair, and tanning)- $125 (SAVE $10!)
Airbrush Tanning: $20 **extra fee for double dip!
Due to the popularity of this time, we require you to come to our studio, located in the heart of Downtown Oakwood for your appointment; unless you have a party of 5 or more. To reserve your prom day services, contact us at: [email protected] or 937-210-7815! Cheers to Prom 2k16!
Shear Hotness Makeup and Hair owner, Ebony Newcomb, had a blast creating this dramatic, dewy look on Christina this week! After being asked the details of what was used by several people, she thought it would be cool to give a description of the products used here! Ebony loves to play with different textures; and to create textures that she loves working with, by mixing multiple products. You can probably achieve this look with similar products, and maybe even skipping a few steps… but I chose to use these products to get the look that I wanted! I hope you guys liked it and enjoy!
- PRIME: Cleansed with: #Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes, #SexAPeel exfoliant by#Sonia Roselli. Prepped face with #Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray, and #Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré moisturizer/primer. I used #UrbanDecay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) to prime the eyes
- BROWS: Defined brows with #AnastasiaBeverlyHills Brow Wiz and Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brow. Outlined in MAC’s Studio and Conceal Palette Medium NW 25, mixed with a little of the NW 10 from the Light Palette.
- EYES: Used #Tarte Tartelette palette color Free Spirit all over the lid, and #MAC’s Ricepaper on the brow bone. In the inner and mid crease, I used Wanderer from the #Tarte palette and #MAC’s Soft Brown. In the outer crease, I used #Tarte Bombshell and Fashionista. On the lid, coming from the outter to the very inner rim I used #UrbanDecay YDK, Suspect, and Verve… in that order. Eyeliner was #MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. Lashes are #Ardell Wispies, finished off with #L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black.
- SKIN: I used #MakeupForever Step 1 Primer in Mattifying, and afterward, mixed Ultra HD liquid foundation colors 120 and 125. Highlight and Shade was #MAC Studio and Conceal palette in Medium, shade NC 30 and Mid Yellow mixed with #MAC Prep and Prime pen in Light Boost, and Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15. Shade was #MAC Studio and Conceal palette in Medium Deep NW43. These were blended with a #BeautyBlender and brush.
- SETTING: #BenNye Beige Suede mixed with a little Banana powder and #MakeupForever HD Microfinish, and I used the “bake” method. (I love the outcome of the texture/shade when all 3 are mixed!)
- LIPS: While she was “baking”, I lined her lips in #MAC lip pencil in Whirl; and filled her lips in with #MAC Pro Longwear in Overtime, topped with #MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: I dust off the “baking” powder, and I go over my shading with #TooFaced Soleil Matte Bronzers in Dark and #MAC Studio Fix in NW50. To add a little color to the cheeks , I used #MAC Peachykeen and Sweet As Cocoa. I highlight the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, etc. in #Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. Spray #Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray to seal everything!
- TA DA! We have a beautiful, bronzed, model for her shoot!
LADIES!!! You’ve asked, begged, and pleaded, and well now…. we have no choice but to proudly present to you: Moms’ Night Out and Hottie Happy Hour each and every month!
Moms’ Night Out is for the mamas who might have a hot date night, a girls’ outing, or just a moment to be pampered! Being a mom, I completely understand what it’s like to take care of everyone else… and kinda forget about yourself. Well that’s where we come in! Let us celebrate you, and show you how beautiful and amazing you really are by a mini makeover! Moms’ Night Out will be THE FIRST (1ST) FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM 4PM-8PM. Snacks, beverages and/or mimosas are on us, so bring your mom friends, and come relax! Appointments are absolutely necessary; as we want to be properly staffed to serve all of you wonderful ladies! ** Fur baby moms are most certainly welcome. You ARE a mom too! 🙂
Hottie Happy Hour is Moms’ Night Out crazy little sister or the party before the party! This is for any and everyone with Friday night plans, with a need and feel to look refreshed! Appointments are on a first come first serve basis, and will be limited. Hottie Happy Hour will take place on THE THIRD (3RD) FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM 4PM-8PM. Beverages and mimosas will be on hand, so grab your squad, and get glammed from some of the BEST artists/hairstylists in town!
To book your appointment, please contact us at 937-210-7815 or [email protected] !!!Retainer and Agreements are required to reserve your appointment!!!
Traditional- $45 (Regularly priced $60)
Airbrush- $60 (Regularly priced $75)
Hair Styling- $35 (Regularly priced starting at $50)
Airbrush Tanning (spray tan)- $20
Book Makeup and Hair, and SAVE!!!
Mini Kenra Hairspray- $8
Lip Color- TBD
Wouldn’t you love to lay on a beach for a week… or at least look like you have? Well, let us at Shear Hotness help you with that! We offer on location spray tanning services for individuals, as well as, parties of any number! You have the option of coming to our studio in downtown Oakwood… or let us come to you! Join us this upcoming Saturday, February 20th, at our studio for a spray tanning event! Receive 50% OFF of spray tans from 10am-5pm this day ONLY! We urge you to reserve an appointment; however, it is not required. Contact us at: 937-210-7815 or [email protected] We hope to see you there!
** These rates reflect our regular rates, and not the event rates
ON-SITE AIRBRUSH TANNING
- Shave 24 hours before; do not shave the day of the service.
- Do not apply lotions, perfumes or deodorants prior to arrival.
- Do not wear make-up.
- I provides caps for hair protection, but you may want to bring in an old bathing suit or whatever you wish to wear during the spraying. Garment may be stained afterward. (Men must wear bottoms of some sort if they wish to be spray tanned.)
- It is recommended that you do not shower for 16 hours after spray tan is applied.
- It is recommended that dark loose clothing be worn immediately after application.
- Afterwards, no excessive sweating—such as working out.
Single Session- In Studio: $30 On location: $40
Buddy Session- In Studio: $25 each On location: $35
Half Body Spray- In Studio: $15 On location: $25
Rookie spray- In Studio: $20 On location: $30
4-8 people- $35 each
8 plus $30 each
4 spray tans (must be used within 30 days of purchase) – $140
3 spray tans ( to use whenever ) – $115
Fitness competition spray session- $100 (additional fee for spray the day of competition).
Pre & post care packages starting at $25
- Balances the pH in the skin
- Extends the longevity of the spray
- Provides even coverage
Ebony and the Shear Hotties!
For ONE DAY ONLY, Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair & Frosted will be hosting our Preview Party and Tasting Event on February 20th, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. We will be offering makeup and hair trials at 50% OFF, as well as, complimentary cake tastings. Our studio/office is located in the heart of Downtown Oakwood at: 2310 Far Hills Ave. Dayton, OH 45419. Come experience two of Dayton’s award winning wedding vendors in one place! Appointments are highly recommended, as spaces are sure to fill up, but not required. Special offer/drawing for clients that book their wedding day that day!