Mothers, you’ve asked… well affectionately demanded… so now it’s here! Is your daughter wearing makeup, but isn’t sure about how to appropriately apply it? Is your teen dealing with the common skin issues that arises at this age? And hair… don’t even get me started about hair! Let the pros, award winning and nationally published artists, Ebony Newcomb, Chelsie Walhay, and Sarah Bishop of Shear Hotness and Sorella Cosmetics, educate your little pretty on HOW to properly execute timeless and age appropriate beauty! Join us for snacks, discussions, beauty how tos, swag bags, and PRIZES!
Glam University 2K16 will include a 90 minute class about:
- Quick and Age Appropriate Makeup Tips/Techniques
- Fall Trends
- How to properly use the stuff you already have in your kit.. so bring your makeup!
- And Most Importanly: Embracing and loving the skin you’re in! Rock those beautiful and unique features!
Requirements: Must be 18 and under, ready to have fun, and totally fab!
When: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
Where: 2310 FAR HILLS AVE. DAYTON, OHIO 45419
|The Masters (16-18 years old)||Noon – 1:30pm|
|The Graduate (13-15 years old)||1:30 – 3:00pm|
|The Freshman (12 and Under)||3:00 – 4:30pm|
Rates include: 90 minute professional beauty class, a swag bag, and complimentary gloss.
The Freshman (12 and Under)- $50
The Graduate (13-15 years old)- $75
The Masters (16-18 years old)- $75
AVAILABLE FOR PRESALE AND SPECIAL PRICING FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, GET THE TOTAL LOOK AND CLASS FOR: $125.
A Sorella Cosmetics palette consisting of eyeshadows, blush, and bronzer, Eyeliner, Lipstick or Lip gloss and lip liner.
Let the pros at Shear Hotness show you how to master that makeup technique that you have been curious about! Now through May 8th, purchase a makeup lesson gift certificate and SAVE $25 on mini or full session makeup lessons! Mini lessons will be as low as $50 and full sessions as low as $100… THIS RARELY HAPPENS! You may also opt to buy 1 at full price and receive the second certificate half off. This can be used for a group session with your friends or 1 on 1, any time until October 31st, 2016. Bring your makeup along, as we discuss your routine; and show you faster, new techniques to achieve red carpet beauty! Full session and mini session details/topics are as follows:
Full Sessions – 90 minutes
|The Overall Look||$125|
Focus on skin care basics, flawless foundation, perfectly paired lips/cheeks and highlighting/contouring., long lasting, crease resistant eye makeup basics, smoky eye/daytime look, beautiful brows and false lash application.
|The Mane Look||$125|
Focus on styling tips and techniques to create red carpet ready hair.
** Full session clients have the option to purchase their favorite products used with a pro discount. They will also take home samples, if possible. Limit 2 per client
Mini Sessions – 45 minutes (choose any 2)
|Prep, Correct & Conceal||$75|
Learn how to disguise dark circles, redness and blemishes.
|Highlight & Contour||$75|
Learn subtle, natural looking techniques to slim, sculpt and refine your features.
Learn how to achieve polished, defined brows.
Learn my most requested tips and techniques for creating the smoky eye that’s perfect for you.
Learn how to take the mystery out of applying individual and strip lashes.
** Mini session clients will take home samples of their fave products used, within reason. Limit 2 per client
To book, contact us at: 937-210-7815 or [email protected]
It’s my favorite time of year! Prom was really a turning point in my career, and I get so excited, not to mention warm and fuzzy every time it comes around! Shear Hotness Makeup and Hair is offering our amazing services at a discounted rate for our students, so book now with the best in the licensed artists in Ohio!
Traditional Makeup (lashes included): $45
Airbrush Makeup (lashes included): $55
Hairstyling: Starting at $50
Traditional and Hair: $90 (SAVE $5!)
Airbrush makeup and hair- $100 (SAVE $5!)
All In (makeup, hair, and tanning)- $125 (SAVE $10!)
Airbrush Tanning: $20 **extra fee for double dip!
Due to the popularity of this time, we require you to come to our studio, located in the heart of Downtown Oakwood for your appointment; unless you have a party of 5 or more. To reserve your prom day services, contact us at: [email protected] or 937-210-7815! Cheers to Prom 2k16!
Shear Hotness Makeup and Hair owner, Ebony Newcomb, had a blast creating this dramatic, dewy look on Christina this week! After being asked the details of what was used by several people, she thought it would be cool to give a description of the products used here! Ebony loves to play with different textures; and to create textures that she loves working with, by mixing multiple products. You can probably achieve this look with similar products, and maybe even skipping a few steps… but I chose to use these products to get the look that I wanted! I hope you guys liked it and enjoy!
- PRIME: Cleansed with: #Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes, #SexAPeel exfoliant by#Sonia Roselli. Prepped face with #Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray, and #Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré moisturizer/primer. I used #UrbanDecay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) to prime the eyes
- BROWS: Defined brows with #AnastasiaBeverlyHills Brow Wiz and Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brow. Outlined in MAC’s Studio and Conceal Palette Medium NW 25, mixed with a little of the NW 10 from the Light Palette.
- EYES: Used #Tarte Tartelette palette color Free Spirit all over the lid, and #MAC’s Ricepaper on the brow bone. In the inner and mid crease, I used Wanderer from the #Tarte palette and #MAC’s Soft Brown. In the outer crease, I used #Tarte Bombshell and Fashionista. On the lid, coming from the outter to the very inner rim I used #UrbanDecay YDK, Suspect, and Verve… in that order. Eyeliner was #MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. Lashes are #Ardell Wispies, finished off with #L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black.
- SKIN: I used #MakeupForever Step 1 Primer in Mattifying, and afterward, mixed Ultra HD liquid foundation colors 120 and 125. Highlight and Shade was #MAC Studio and Conceal palette in Medium, shade NC 30 and Mid Yellow mixed with #MAC Prep and Prime pen in Light Boost, and Pro Longwear Concealer in NW15. Shade was #MAC Studio and Conceal palette in Medium Deep NW43. These were blended with a #BeautyBlender and brush.
- SETTING: #BenNye Beige Suede mixed with a little Banana powder and #MakeupForever HD Microfinish, and I used the “bake” method. (I love the outcome of the texture/shade when all 3 are mixed!)
- LIPS: While she was “baking”, I lined her lips in #MAC lip pencil in Whirl; and filled her lips in with #MAC Pro Longwear in Overtime, topped with #MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl.
- FINISHING TOUCHES: I dust off the “baking” powder, and I go over my shading with #TooFaced Soleil Matte Bronzers in Dark and #MAC Studio Fix in NW50. To add a little color to the cheeks , I used #MAC Peachykeen and Sweet As Cocoa. I highlight the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, etc. in #Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. Spray #Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray to seal everything!
- TA DA! We have a beautiful, bronzed, model for her shoot!
LADIES!!! You’ve asked, begged, and pleaded, and well now…. we have no choice but to proudly present to you: Moms’ Night Out and Hottie Happy Hour each and every month!
Moms’ Night Out is for the mamas who might have a hot date night, a girls’ outing, or just a moment to be pampered! Being a mom, I completely understand what it’s like to take care of everyone else… and kinda forget about yourself. Well that’s where we come in! Let us celebrate you, and show you how beautiful and amazing you really are by a mini makeover! Moms’ Night Out will be THE FIRST (1ST) FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM 4PM-8PM. Snacks, beverages and/or mimosas are on us, so bring your mom friends, and come relax! Appointments are absolutely necessary; as we want to be properly staffed to serve all of you wonderful ladies! ** Fur baby moms are most certainly welcome. You ARE a mom too! 🙂
Hottie Happy Hour is Moms’ Night Out crazy little sister or the party before the party! This is for any and everyone with Friday night plans, with a need and feel to look refreshed! Appointments are on a first come first serve basis, and will be limited. Hottie Happy Hour will take place on THE THIRD (3RD) FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH FROM 4PM-8PM. Beverages and mimosas will be on hand, so grab your squad, and get glammed from some of the BEST artists/hairstylists in town!
To book your appointment, please contact us at 937-210-7815 or [email protected] !!!Retainer and Agreements are required to reserve your appointment!!!
Traditional- $45 (Regularly priced $60)
Airbrush- $60 (Regularly priced $75)
Hair Styling- $35 (Regularly priced starting at $50)
Airbrush Tanning (spray tan)- $20
Book Makeup and Hair, and SAVE!!!
Mini Kenra Hairspray- $8
Lip Color- TBD